Monday 17 May 2010

Why won't shoes love me back?


What's it with shoes? They seduce me with their beauty, I pay good money for them and a little while after I put them on, they torture my feet.

One of their favourite moves is to rub onto the backs of my ankles and give me blisters then they rub onto the blisters to make things even worse. They also make sure that the front of the shoes can accommodate only four of my toes so I'd have to squeeze all five toes in. The pain!

Great looking shoes aren't enough when you look like you're in a lot of pain and want to cry.

If England was always sunny and warm then I can happily wear flipflops and sandals everyday (though they both like to give me blisters too somehow). I guess I'm doomed to a life of Clarks and Hush Puppies.

So shoes... please answer me this: what did I ever do to you? I adopted you and gave you a home and this is how you repay me?

Does anyone else have this problem or are shoes only out to get me?

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Haha, very true, shoes are evil, the prettiest ones are just out to torture your feet :)x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's not just me? Phew! Now I can get over my paranoia!
    I think we should start a new trend by wearing our comfy slippers outside. Who's with me? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm addicted to shoes too. I love them : )

    Nice blog post : ) following your blog ... have you had a chance to follow mine and check out my new post? Would love for you to stop by when you are free.

    www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes you are right! i love wearing heels and i kinda wear them all the time and they hurt me too.. but i cant avoid them... :( its IMPOSSIBLE!
    Great shoes come with a lot of Pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey
    I have completely the same problem.
    I seem to move directly from boots to flip flops as I can never find any comfortable dolly type shoes (although found a pair in dorothy perkins recently and of course there not lasting long :-(
    I also have the toe problem and find that heeled shoes show the gaps between my toes and I find this really unattractive (I don't know why)
    I dread nights out as my feet I have to live with horrible looking feet and I have to nurse them back to health for about a week.
    You are not alone :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hear you.

    try band-aid blister protector (not positive of the name) it's a little blue tube, in the shape of deodorant, you rub it on your foot where the shoe rubs, it helps some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not the only one. Heels especially hate me. Every time I wear them, I get blisters on my feet and twisted ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jonesy - I love them too but I can't even manage to walk out the door in a lot of shoes. They just sit there in their boxes :(

    @Sara - I wouldn't be able to wear heels all the time. You should try wedges. They're much more comfortable.

    @Sammi - I know what you mean about ballet pumps. They rub onto the backs of my ankles and give me painful blisters.

    @Kaitlyn - I've never heard of that. I bought some gel plasters and the gel things that you stick inside your shoes to prevent blisters recently. I'll have a look for the blister protector. Thanks!

    @ naturalnchicmakeup - eek! You should be careful with those ankles! I hurt my ankles just by walking in flats but only when I'm shopping for over 5 hours!

    Thanks for your comments girls! x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.