Saturday 8 May 2010

Can things get any worse?


In most cases, the answer is yes.

We all get irritated by small things like getting gum on our shoes or being late. I know I do. But these things seem so small compared to the pain many people feel. People get sick. People are hungry. People lose their loved ones.

I have a friend who lost her husband a few days ago. They were married last Valentine's Day and were crazy in love. Plans were being made. A life full of love and happiness was being looked forward to. Then suddenly, these plans were lost and the heart that was once happy became filled with grief.

This really broke my heart. My heart is still breaking over it. I wish that I could to do something to make her happy but I can't bring her husband back to her. I can't do anything to erase the sadness she is going through. That's life. We are only human. We have no control over certain things.

These things can happen to anyone so we should be thankful to God that no matter how sad or angry we get, we aren't any sadder or angrier. Even when we are happy, we shouldn't take this feeling for granted. We should be thankful for every smile we make.

To all those going through sadness, I pray that you find peace and happiness. Until you do, I pray that you are granted strength and patience to get through these hard times. Your courage is admirable.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really awful :( I feel so sorry for your friend, its good that you are supporting her :(
    Your right, we should all be thankful for everything in life... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad :( I am always having to remind myself to not let the little things bother me, you're so right about all of this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we have Diva in Australia :D I think they mustve brought it over here from the UK! We dont have miss selfridges though..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so horrible, life is so fragile and its so easy to forget that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is unbelievable, and definitely not in a good way. I have no idea what I would do if I lost my husband :(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the replies girls. I hope it has inspired you to appreciate your lives a bit more x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.