Saturday 15 May 2010

The Three Hour Diet


No this isn't a diet that lasts only three hours!

This is based on Jorge Cruise's diet where you eat every three hours. I wouldn't even consider it a diet as you are simply regulating your body's natural balance of sugar, energy and metabolism as you should be doing anyway! This is the only diet that has worked for me.

Where most diets involve restrictions on what you can eat, the Three Hour Diet involves eating whatever you like (just as long as it doesn't go over a certain amount of calories). The only difference is that you eat every three hours.

"You are when you eat" - Jorge Cruise

This is because after three hours, your sugar levels drop too low, your metabolism slows down and you start craving sugary food. You might then overeat and because your metabolism has slowed down too much, your body can't burn off as many calories as it should. But by eating right before your blood sugar and energy levels drop this low, you are avoiding sugar cravings and your metabolism stays normal meaning you burn calories quicker.


This is a safe diet and it allows you to cater to your body's energy and sugar requirements exactly when it needs it and not after these levels have fallen low enough to affect your cravings, energy, metabolism and even your mood (Don't you crave junk food when you feel irritable? I know I do!).

Whether you are looking for a long term healthy eating plan or just want to lose a little weight for the summer, I recommend it 100%. I have lost weight with it and kept it off as I was happily eating what I wanted (including chocolate) so I never felt like binging after the diet.

Eat chocolate and lose weight?


I never got hungry on this diet because
a) I felt like I was always eating and
b) I ate before I got hungry


I am no doctor and only recommend it based on my own experience. However, it has been recommended by many experts including doctors and nutritionists.

If you're interested in this diet, Jorge Cruise has written books on it, which you can find here.

You can also watch Jorge Cruise talking about the Three Hour Diet on the Tyra Banks show here.

Have you tried it? Have you lost any weight on this diet?
Do you want to try this diet?

I'll keep you updated on my progress!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. ooh thanks for this! so you eat every three hours but you only eat a little, is that right? this sounds perfect for me because my one big downfall is snacking, but this sounds like living on snacks? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, kinda. I tend to have a meal, then a snack, then a meal, then a snack...
    My trick is to spread out your meal. For example, instead of a sandwich, a yogurt and a drink for lunch, I only have the sandwich then have the yogurt as one of my snacks and the drink as another one of my snacks.
    It might be a little difficult at first but your body will adapt quite quickly to this new routine. I started it on Monday and actually feel less hungry than before even though I'm eating less! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said you can eat whatever you like as long as it doesnt go over a certain amount of cals, so whats the limit? I kind of tried it today, except i think i ate too much :P hopefully this works, and the best of luck for you too ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just looked it up and it said that meals should be about 400 calories and snacks about 100. But personally, my breakfast and lunch are never more than 200 each.
    If you go on page 2 on this site (http://www.3hourdiet.com/tour/) it gives you examples of what you can eat in a day. You can eat fast food and chocolate too. How great is that!
    Don't worry about eating too much in the beginning. Just make sure that you decrease this over time until your body adjusts.
    Thanks! I'll post an update of my progress soon x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.