Monday 1 March 2010

Monday blues



Ah Monday mornings! Not one of my favourite mornings but there is a way to sweeten it.

Nothing gets me through the morning like a nice cup of coffee. I used to buy coffee almost every morning but it is much more economic, as well as creative, to make it myself.

Latte
It is very easy too. All you need is a moka pot or an espresso maker. Typhoon moka potsare really cute!


Follow the manufacturer's instructions on how to make the espresso. Mix as much espresso as you need (a triple shot for me!) with hot milk. Add sugar to sweeten and pour into either a mug to drink at home or a thermo cup to take with you.

That is the basic latte recipe. You can add syrup, which I get from Starbucks, to flavour. I currently use Caramel and Vanilla. Vanilla tastes a lot nicer than Caramel in my opinion. These cost £3.50 for a 275ml bottle.

Mocha
Follow the same basic recipe for the latte but to flavour, instead of syrup, add either cocoa, chocolate or chocolate spread. I like mine with Nutella!

TIP!!
If you do decide to add syrup to your latte or want to make a mocha, cut down on the sugar so that it isn't too sickly sweet.

Cappuccino
To make a cappuccino, stir the espresso into frothed milk. I use Typhoon's frother.


TIP!!
Whichever drink you decide to make, remember you can substitute whole milk with skimmed, and sugar with sweetener if you are watching your weight.

If you don't have enough time, you can use Starbucks Via instant coffee. All you need to do is to rip open a sachet and stir it into hot water. But I personally don't like the taste of bland filter coffee and at £1.50 for a pack of three or £4.45 for a pack of 12, you're better off with Kenco Cappio instant cappuccino. They're actually on offer right now at Sainsburys - £1.13 for eight sachets plus a sachet of chocolate topping! So I am definitely going to stock up!


What kind of coffee drinks do you like? Do you have any favourite recipes?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.