Sunday 21 March 2010

S is for Saturday and Shopping

Yes I know it is Sunday today, not Saturday. But I had such a long and tiring day yesterday. I came home with aching legs, feet and back. I had spent so many hours out shopping, with only a small white mocha and two toffee muffins to keep me from fainting. So I didn't have the brain power to write anything. I could've written something but it wouldn't have made sense at all.

After waiting in the rain outside M&S, as it was closed along with a few other stores because of a fire, under my mother's command (yes, she's to blame for my shopoholism), I rushed in and started rummaging through their sale items. There wasn't a lot of nice things :( but I did find two tops and a cute skirt for only £5 each.

I don't have any pictures right now so I will try my best to describe them. The tops are both a little long - one is mid-thigh and the other a little shorter. They're both long sleeved, batwing style. The grey one has a loose turtle neck and the black one has an even wider turtle neck, which can also be worn off the shoulder (either one shoulder or both).

Like any long top, they both look best with skinny jeans or leggings/ jeggings. I don't like most jeggings I have seen because they look too cheap; they are just leggings material with a denim look. But I have seen better quality jeggings which are simply very tight stretchy jeans with an elastic waist - just like skinny jeans but with a tighter fit. They also look good with no trousers as they're both long enough to be worn as dresses. They have a casual, sporty feel to them but I prefer to glam them up with statement jewellery.

The skirt was a purple body con one and fits so well. I can't wait to wear it with my bright pink platform heels and maybe get a bright pink flower for my hair.


I also bought some cute heart shaped cookie cutters (I <3 cookies!) for only £2 for two! I found some butterfly ones online for only £3.50 for a set of three, which I need to hunt down. That's what I love about Marks and Spencer. You can get good quality items no matter your budget and there's a line for everyone!


Even the cosmetics are very cheap. I found some nail polishes in soft pastel purple, pink and mint to name a few. For just £2.50 each! Or you can get 4 minis for £5 or a french manicure set for the same price. They also have small eyeshadow palettes of bright summery colours as well as darker ones for just £5! But I have waaaay enough make up as it is so I had to force myself to walk away.



Remember the shoes I told you I was gonna get from Debenhams? Well I went back and got them. They look too precious to walk in the streets in. I just want to place them in a glass box and admire them.




I hope you all had a great weekend!

Did you buy anything nice?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.