Monday 29 March 2010

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara review



With a name like Extra Volume Collagen I expected this 'magic wand' to fatten up my lashes. And with claims such as '12x more impact' (compared to what - I don't know) and 'virtually no clumps', could this really be the perfect volumising mascara? There's only one way to find out.

The mascara looks typically L'Oreal. It is big, black and gold. Very 90's. But let's not judge a mascara based on it's cover...

The brush feels a little spiky but as it is quite wide (2x bigger than the classic brush apparently), it means I can cover more lashes per stroke - perfect for my typical morning rush.

Length:
My lashes did look a little longer but nothing special. If I had used eyelash curlers then they might have appeared even longer.
6/10

Volume:
I am happy to say that my lashes did appear fuller. But I am yet to find a volumising mascara that doesn't clump. Maybe one day...
8/10

Curl:
Not bad considering I didn't even use eyelash curlers. They did seem to flatten after a while though.
7/10


Free from clumps:
Unfortunately, as I've already mentioned, with volume you get clumps. It isn't flaky so don't worry about looking cheap. However, my eyelashes did stick together no matter how hard I tried to avoid it.
5/10


The smudge test:
I was too sleepy to remove my make up before having my nap - though I always have to remove my make up before I sleep at night no matter how tired I am. Waking up, I was worried about getting panda eyes like I normally do, but looking in the mirror, I was really surprised. Not a single smudge!
10/10

Overall: 7.2/10

So if you're looking for volume, then this is the thing for you. Maybe I just need to perfect my zig-zaggy motion to prevent clumping.

Would I buy again? Probably not. I don't stay loyal to any particular mascara and prefer to try different ones. Maybe one day I will find the perfect one.

Try it for yourself!
You can purchase it from Boots for £9.99.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, and I love the mascara. It's great to find an honest and detailed review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you liked my review. My reviews are always 100% honest :) x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.