Thursday 4 March 2010

Wonderful Wonderland

I feel pretty energetic today. Not only was the sun finally shining, which means Spring is finally upon us (I hope), but I'll be going to the cinema tomorrow to watch a certain movie. Take a good guess what it is!!! I'll be watching Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D at the Imax Cinema. So it'll be like stepping into Wonderland itself! So exciting! Aaaaarghhhhh!! :D

If you've been living in a cave and haven't seen the trailer yet or you simply want to watch it over and over again because, like me, you can't control your excitement, here ya go...



Also check out some amazing Alice in Wonderland make up tutorials by Make-up artist, Kandee Johnson. This woman is a genius!

The Mad Hatter:


Queen of Hearts:


I'm not the only one going wacko for Wonderland, it seems. Almost everywhere I go, I am reminded of this movie, which is making it harder for me to control my excitement.


Fashion

This season's flowery dresses and vintage style jewellery and accessories, including cameo (which i love so much!), are perfect for any tea party or just about anywhere!

As well as Miss Selfridge's Wonderland t-shirts, House of Fraser have a special section on their website dedicated to Wonderland, with pieces such as flowery bangles, cute tea dresses and pretty beauty products.

This gold plated clock necklace by Disney Couture is just adorable! And it's functioning too! With this cutey you will turn up 'fashionably' and 'not late' for that important date.



For something a little cheaper, try this one on for size, for only £15 at Dorothy Perkins.


There is also a cute long necklace with a bird's cage charm, which is unfortunately not available on the House of Fraser website but you might find at your local store. Luckily, there is a similar one at Asos, which is just as adorable.



Beauty

For fresh and flawless skin, I always use Bourjois's 10 hour sleep effect foundation. This stuff really works! However, if you're prone to dark circles more than the average Joan, apply Bourjois's Imperfection Concealer under your eyes and on your eyelids. I normally get these from Boots but they're also available at Superdrug.

For a romantic look, try Benefit's new Sugarbomb on the apples of your cheeks. Sugarbomb is made up of 4 different shades which you can either apply separately or mix up different combinations of each colour.



For something a little more purse-friendly, cheaper brands work fine. Make sure you have either a soft pink or peach blusher in your make up bag. If you have a pink undertone to your skin, which can't be covered with foundation, go for a peach as the pink will only make your face look red. If you have yellow undertones, go for the soft pink. If you are lucky enough to be able to cover any obvious undertones, get both!


And now for some lippy. Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper launched their new MAC lipsticks on Monday, which will be available to buy both on the MAC website and at MAC stores for £12.50. Plus 100% of their sales will go to the MAC AIDS fund. So you'll be doing your bit for charity too!


Viva Glam Gaga is a 'light blue pink' shade, which definitely compliments the romantic look; whilst Viva Glam Cyndi is a 'light reddish coral', perfect for lady like glamour.

For a cheaper alternative, try Miss Sporty's Innocence (009) from Superdrug or Lloyds Pharmacy. I've tried out other lipsticks under £5 and this is the only one that was that perfect shade. The only thing that isn't so perfect about it is its staying power. So if you don't want to be reapplying it throughout the day, try some Lipcote to seal.

The cheapest lipstick I have found in red is Collection 2000's Volume Boost Lipstick in Red for £2.99. To find the right one for you, you'd might want to have a look for a similar shade from Miss Sporty for £2.99 or Natural Collection for £1.99 at Boots.


Tea party!!

Starting from tomorrow, Frankie and Benny's will be holding Mad Hatter's tea parties to celebrate the release of Alice in Wonderland and you're invited! Since they'll be held only at selected restaurants, it might be best to call your local Frankie and Benny's first. My local one aren't having a party :( but if you do attend one of their tea partys, let me know how it goes. The parties will be held until Sunday.

No tea party is complete without NEW Cadbury's Caramel Biscuits! I am crazy for anything caramelicious so as soon as I set eyes on these babies, I had to buy them. I ripped the pack open as soon as I left the store. The yummy buttery biscuit is topped with gooey caramel and is completely drenched in Cadbury's Milk Chocolate. According to the back of the packet, there is a Crunchie and Turkish Delight version. I'm not a fan of Cadbury's Turkish Delight but I'm definitely getting me some Crunchie ones when I find 'em. I'm not sure if they are available yet in other stores, but Sainsburys have them for £1 right now so get 'em while you can!

Because they're so new, I couldn't find a picture so I had to take one myself. You can see where I ripped it open lol.




So that's all for today. I'm sure there are plenty of Wonderful Wonderland things out there to buy so if you find anything please lemme know.

I'll be back tomorrow to review the movie. Until then!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You can purchase Sugarbomb from benefitcosmetics.co.uk and get 10% until this Friday. Use the code MUMDAY10 at checkout.

    You can get free delivery with no minimum spend by using the code DELI.

    I don't think you can use more than 1 code so use the one that saves you the most xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.