Monday 29 March 2010

My Monday Moaning

I don't know if it just happens to be the curse of the Monday mornings, but I had a bad day today.

It started like any other early morning: me wanting to stay in bed and sleep. Even more so today as I could see the depressing grey sky from my bedroom window, causing me to hide under my duvet. I ended up over-snoozing and woke up realising that I would have to rush so I wouldn't be late for uni. So I quickly got changed, applied my make-up at the speed of light and made myself some bland milky coffee for my thermocup. I didn't have time to make my lunch.

As soon as I opened the front door to leave, I saw that it was raining. It was pouring like mad. Thankfully I managed to find an umbrella and it didn't turn inside out at all. A miracle!

Once I arrived at uni, I had to show my id card. This is where I had my Ugly Betty moment. As I was pulling out the id card from my pocket, a tissue fell out from that same pocket. I hadn't closed my umbrella and had it held in my left hand along with my thermo cup. As I knelt down to pick up the tissue with my free hand (no one likes a litter bug!), some of the coffee spilled into my open umbrella and make its way into the sleeve of my brand new top. So there I was with coffee in my umbrella and a damp sleeve. Not a good look.

Just grin and bear it

The first lesson wasn't so bad except that most of the class, including the tutor, were late. I should have just stayed an extra half an hour in bed! Another thing that annoyed me was a boy in my class tricking me into seeing an inappropriate video on his phone. I just did not need to see that! Men these days! They show no respect to us ladies at all! >:(

When I finally came home, my bread got stuck in the toaster. After eating dinner, I knew that all I needed was a nice nap. So I slept and felt much better. As soon as I woke up, I turned on my laptop and my boyfriend (who lives gazzilions of miles away) came online about two minutes later. As usual, he made my day <3

We all have 'one of those days'. So always treat others nicely as they might be having one. It won't hurt to offer them a smile too - it's free!

Be the rain that washes sorrow away,
The sunshine that brightens up their day.
With both, you become a pretty rainbow,
So beautiful and colourful amongst the grey.
By me

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.