Friday 2 April 2010

Spring clean your face

You probably can't tell by the rainy weather but Spring is finally upon us... apparently! That means it's time for a spring clean! A face spring clean that is ;)

Winter has been leaving my skin dull and I've been having dry bumps and blackheads on my face for quite a few years so I thought I'd try Scrub your nose in it by Soap & Glory and, well, scrub my nose in it!


The product in all it's Soap and Glory

What I liked: Gets rid of dry bumps and it feels very relaxing
What I didn't: It doesn't get rid of blackheads

How to use:
It asks to apply a pea sized amount onto my face but I find that it isn't enough for me. Maybe I just have a big face :S After wetting my face, I applied a small amount onto my T-zone and cheeks and started rubbing it into my chin in a circular motion and moving up gradually. This feels tingly and the massaging feels soooooo relaxing.
This scrub can be used as a face mask too so once it's all rubbed in, leave it for about three minutes until it's set. Then simply wash it off.

Ease of use:
The method is very simple and relaxing. The mask sets really quickly.
10/10

Smell:
What's also relaxing is the gorgeous, cool smell of the scrub. Reminds me of the hot towels you get on the plane. I can sniff it all day.
10/10

Does it work?
I noticed results immediately. The scrub exfoliated away dry bumps I've had for years and left it feeling unbelievably squeeky clean. It also increased the bloodflow in my face and gave it a healthier colour. But I was disappointed that it didn't get rid of my blackheads :(
9/10

Price:
This is normally £7 for 125ml, which isn't bad considering it works really well. You can sometimes find it on offer at Boots too.
8/10

Overall:
I will definitely buy this product again and again and again. OK so it didn't get rid of my blackheads but if I find pore strips that actually work then Scrub your nose in it should hopefully stop those pesky things from coming back to haunt me.
9.25/10

Available to purchase from Boots and Harvey Nichols.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.