Wednesday 7 April 2010

Hard shampoo bar by Lush



Popping into my local Lush store, I was approached my one of their sales assistants who helped me pick a shampoo bar that's right for my hair. I told her that my hair can get really dry so she suggested 'Hard' (£4.65 for 55g), which is a two in one shampoo and conditioner that works well with hard water. Let's see...

What I liked: The smell
What I didn't: It didn't work for me

Ease of use:
Because it is a solid bar, it needs to be lathered up with some water. I found this very time consuming as it doesn't lather up well. Plus my hair is both long and thick so it takes forever!
For ethical reasons, this product doesn't come with packaging so you'd have to spend £2.50 on a tin to keep it in or buy two shampoo bars to get the tin free.
4/10


Smell:
I love its lovely salty aroma that reminds me of summers at Mediterranean beaches.

7/10

Did it work?

It cleaned my hair but not perfectly. Liquid shampoos clean my hair a lot better with minimal effort. It also left my scalp feeling tight and itchy.
If you're looking for something to condition your dry hair then I don't recommend it as it didn't condition my hair at all. It just left it looking greasy and dull.

3/10

Price:
The price isn't bad considering they claim that one bar is equivalent to 3 bottles of shampoo. But if you use it once and twice only to find that it doesn't work for your hair then that's almost £5 down the drain.
4/10

Overall:
I'm not happy with this product. It doesn't work with my hair and I won't be using it again.
4.5/10

Have you tried it? What do you think of it?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.