Thursday 8 April 2010

Cookies and cream


Walking into Hotel chocolat is like walking into Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Your eyes are attracted by all the different chocolate they have. Dark, white, 40% cocoa, 50% cocoa, truffles, praline, small bar, large bar... It is a difficult choice having to pick just one. But no worries, I have done the tasting for you. It's a hard job but someone's gotta do it! Sigh...




I normally adore white chocolate. I love the milky taste as it instantly melts in my mouth. I enjoy reminising my carefree childhood filled with white chocolate bars and buttons. I expected Hotel Chocolat to take my relationship with white chocolate to the next level. I expected a small punch of Hotel chocolat’s cocoa to complement a seductively creamy taste.

I was pleased with its creamy taste and texture (I’ve never tasted white chocolat as creamy as this) but anticipated some cocoa (just a little? Please?) The creaminess was so intense that I do not recommend taking large bites or eating too much of it as it becomes quite sickly.

The cookies funked up the bland texture of this ‘chocolate’ (is it even legal to call it chocolate?) whilst the cocoa flavoured cookie balls gave me the cocoa fix I needed.

However, one thing I enjoyed about this product is the smooth milky texture, as it melted so delicately in my mouth. But only in small doses, as, like I said, the creaminess does become quite sickly.

It costs £3.50 a bar. For a fraction of the price, I could've bought a Milkybar instead, which is a lot yummier in my opinion.

I give it 6/10

Have you tasted it? What do you think of it?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Please I'm so jealous!!!I want a chocolate too!!!Your post is sooo yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe thank you! I have a lot more Hotel Chocolat reviews coming up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh i want a milkybar so bad right now :S thanks for following x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.