Friday 16 April 2010

Asia Straight shampoo by Schwarzkopf

Oh how I long for straight, silky hair. Instead I have to put up with battling with my curly hair armed with a bunch of straightening products and a pair of GHDs, which takes a lot of time and effort and it still doesn't end up how I want it.

Browsing through the shampoo aisle at Superdrug, I came across this 'miracle in a bottle'.


Schwarzkopf's Gliss range has introduced a new product called Asia Straight, with bamboo and orchid essence, which promises cell repair and straighter hair for 24 hours without the need for straightening.

When I bought it, I didn't read the back. I just read 'Asia Straight' and bought it. I knew it wasn't going to give me the enviable hair of the women of the Far East, as it subliminally implies but I thought it might help calm my hair down a little and make straightening a bit easier. Let's see...


Ease of use:
Just massage the shampoo into your hair and rinse. Then leave in the conditioner for a few minutes and wash out.
10/10

Smell:
It has a mild orchid fragrance. Unfortunately the scent washes out when I rinse my hair.
9/10

Did it work?
After shampooing and using the conditioner, my hair is nowhere near 'Asia straight' but I'm pleased that it had stretched my curls. This made straightening my hair much more quick and easy. The overall result after straightening was incredibly straight.
9/10

Price:
It is normally £1.99 each but Superdrug have a buy one get one free offer on at the moment so I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner together for only £1.99!
10/10

Overall:

The shampoo and conditioner won't perform a miracle on curly hair but if your hair is wavy I would recommend giving your a hair a break from your hot straightener and use this shampoo instead. However, I would still recommend it for use on curly hair as it makes straightening a lot easier and improves the overall result.
9.5/10

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Gliss has a gorgeous smell for a shamboo!!I havent try this one!Well I dont have really curly hair but in the ends they tend to be!I'll try it!Thanks for sharring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to share it with you :) x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.