Tuesday 22 June 2010

Heartbreaker




"The rom-com of the summer"
Harpers Bazaar

"A real crowd pleaser ★★★★"
Heat Magazine

"Utterly Chic"
Vogue


Are you ready for the romantic comedy of the summer?

Heartbreaker is a French movie starring Romain Duris and Vanessa Paradis. Alex (Duris) is a professional heartbreaker. His job is to come between two lovers and split them up using his sole weapon: seduction. His latest mission is to tempt Juliette (Paradis), a rich (and very stylish) socialite, from her lover but this proves very difficult. However, this doesn't stop Alex from doing anything he could possibly do to sweep Juliette off her feet. Filled with comedy and lots of gorgeous dresses, this is the ultimate chick flick.





Now I am usually a harsh critic when it comes to movies as I am not easily pleased. However, on this occasion I absolutely loved the film! I was a bit sceptical at first as the introduction seemed quite serious and dull. (Plus I didn't even know that it was going to be in French. Quite a few people actually left the cinema without giving the movie a chance, which is a shame but it was their loss...) But then the comedy came out of nowhere and left all the viewers laughing. There is a lot more comedy surprises in this movie. I would love to share some of them with you but I don't want to ruin it for you.

There is also a little action in this movie (perfect for a date night!). I love how they made the action moments comical, which is great for me as I hate action.

And I must mention the beautiful scenery of this movie. The bulk of it is set in Monaco. If you don't have the cash to fly to this beautiful country this summer, then you can enjoy its gorgeous landscape for the cost of a cinema ticket.

Overall, I love love love this film and I think every single one of you should watch it! The only thing that ruined it for me was that the seats in front of me were blocking the subtitles so I'd advise you to find a seat that allows you to see the whole screen. But that issue aside, the movie truly deserves a 10/10!

Heartbreaker will be in cinemas on July 2nd so make a note in your diaries! I hope you all enjoy the movie as much as I did.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I will have to pick this up...or netflix it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie isn't out on DVD yet but you can watch it at cinemas from July 2nd. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog!
    i followed you! follow me back?

    givemefashionnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive heard about it and it really looks good! i love romain duris. cant wait so watch it!
    xx, zaia

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ harajukuloveee - It is better than it looks!

    Enjoy the movie, girls! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.